Company NewsXerox

Xerox’s Past, Present and Future

Xerox Corporation recently held a media roundtable in Dubai, UAE (17th September, 2012). The roundtable was attended by media personalities from the region, wherein the company representatives briefed about the history of Xerox, the importance of managed print services as well as its document management services. The presentations were led by Dan Smith, Head of Integrated Marketing for the Middle East and Africa region of Xerox’s Developing Markets Operations and Andrew Hurt, General Manager, Xerox Emirates.

Pointing out to the growth charts of Xerox in the Middle East as well worldwide, Dan Smith said that Xerox today stands for technology as well as for services. “Our sales figures are around US$ 23 billion and we are the world’s largest enterprise for business process and document management. The company employs about 14,000 employees worldwide, where 40% of the people are focused on the technology side and the remaining 60% on services,” said Dan Smith.

Explaining the company’s reach in various business sectors, Dan said, “We are a services-led, technology-driven company. We are working behind the scenes, in many places which may surprise you. For example, we help in operating a municipal parking lot, in processing credit card applications, customizing print from one to the other etc. The point is that we provide the technology and consequently support the entire process. ”

Dan Smith further stated that Xerox is now into business process outsourcing, IT outsourcing, document technology and managed print services. Commenting on IT outsourcing services, Dan said, “We not only outsource, but we specialize in delivering and developing effective IT solutions. Xerox has won more than 45 awards during 2011 in recognition of its product offerings and services.”

Talking about some success stories implemented by the company, Dan said, “We helped reduce the printing costs of Procter & Gamble by employing our Lean Six Sigma Process. Xerox reduced P&G’s printing cost by 21%, paper consumption by 30 per cent and energy cost by 30 per cent. We also offered solution to British Telecom and helped them in reducing their carbon footprint by 50 per cent. Now the company has saved 16 million dollars in office printing in over four years.” He continued, “According to Info Trends, between 2010 and 2015 the production of digital colour pages will be more than double. It will reach 540 billion pages globally by 2015.”

Show More

Related Articles

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker