BARCELONA, Spain, 15 May 2014 — HP today announced that it will showcase the newly launched HP Latex 300 Printer Series and HP Designjet Z6800 Photo Production Printer at FESPA Digital 2014, 20 – 23 May, Munich.
The new printers will be alongside a wide range of HP large-format solutions for sign and display print service providers (PSPs) and corrugated packaging converters. As this year’s corporate sponsor of the exhibition, HP will demonstrate how its products enable PSPs to produce high-value applications with improved productivity, quality and versatility. The HP stand (B2-210) will feature inspiring examples of flexible and rigid applications including signage, banners, photo production, retail graphics, wall décor and corrugated displays.
New HP Latex solutions for indoor and outdoor applications
The new HP Latex 300 Printer series – HP Latex 360, HP Latex 330 and HP Latex 310 – helps sign shops, quick printers and small to medium PSPs easily expand large-format printing capabilities, offer new application areas and build a healthier production environment.(1)
Designed for easy operation in small spaces, the entry-level, 54-in HP Latex 310 Printer offers the benefits of HP Latex in a compact model with front-media loading to maximize the production area. The 64-in HP Latex 330 Printer combines application versatility with affordability, handling larger, heavier rolls and printing up to 50 m2/hr (538 ft2/hr). The higher-volume, 64-in HP Latex 360 Printer prints up to 91 m2/hr (978 ft2/hr) and increases application versatility with an ink collector for porous textiles.(2)The printer also features automatic front-to-back registration for printing double-sided banners.
The HP stand will feature the six-colour, 3.2m HP Latex 3000 Printer. An industrial printer built for 24/7 operation, the system can run at speeds up to 120m2/hr (1290ft2/hr) when printing at outdoor quality. Water-based HP Latex 881 Inks, developed for the printer, offer scratch resistance comparable to hard-solvent inks when printed on self-adhesive and PVC banner substrates.(3)
In an area dedicated to wallcoverings and wall décor, HP will demonstrate how HP WallArt using HP Latex Technologies, enables PSPs to enter new growth markets. Other applications including canvases for photography and artwork, textile printing for fabrics and soft signage and temporary textile will also be featured, offering new revenue streams for PSPs.
Enhancements for existing HP Latex and Scitex customers
Increasing productivity and versatility for existing customers, the new options for the HP Latex 3000 Printer include an ink collector kit to print on porous textiles, as well as double-sided printing for unattended operation. Additionally, the HP Scitex FB500 and FB700 Industrial Printers now offer the multi-image “N-up” option to print different images simultaneously in addition to expanded hard drive storage.
New HP Designjet Z6800 Photo Production Printer built for high speed and unrivalled image quality(4)
The new HP Designjet Z6800 Printer increases productivity with print speeds up to 50 per cent faster than previous HP devices.(4) Additionally, this printer is uniquely designed to deliver high-value indoor applications and gallery-quality prints, with durable output that last up to 200 years.(5) The HP Designjet Z6800 Printer produces top-quality prints with advanced colour management features, including an embedded spectrophotometer, as well as HP Chromatic Red Ink for a wider colour gamut and uniform gloss.(6)
Versatile and profitable – the HP Scitex FB10000 Industrial Press
As demand for shorter runs and faster turnaround times increases, the HP Scitex FB10000 Industrial Press has been crucial in enabling PSPs to profitably produce applications for the point of purchase (POP) graphics and corrugated display markets.
Also shown on the stand, the HP Scitex FB10000 Industrial Press delivers unmatched media versatility, including acrylics, folding carton, corrugated, wood and polypropylene as well as flexible and rigid media. The press has a print capacity up to 600m2/hour (6,456ft2/hour)(7) and direct-to-board printing. HP Scitex High Dynamic Range (HDR) Printing Technology provides precision control over colour and tone for clarity of image detail, producing prints with the highest dynamic range.(8)
The HP Scitex 15000 Corrugated Press, announced earlier in May 2014, simplifies and streamlines corrugated printing on an industrial scale. With the new large-format digital press – expected to be available 1st November(9) – converters and display makers can print direct to corrugated media as well as add short-run and versioning capabilities to their existing flexographic or lithographic-lamination operations. The press features HP HDR240 Scitex Inks, which are GREENGUARD GOLDSM Certified and meet AgBB criteria,(10) making them ideal for indoor point-of-purchase displays, bulk bins and freestanding display units.
Samples showing what can be achieved with the HP FB225 Scitex Varnish Ink, as well as the Light Black, Orange and White inks, will be displayed at the show. The HP FB225 varnish ink allows HP Scitex FB7500/FB7600 Industrial Press owners to add spot or full varnish, create embossed text and images as well as expand the colour gamut. (11)
Expert HP staff will be on the stand to provide further information on how the complete HP large format portfolio can help PSPs expand their services.
(1) Based on a comparison of HP Latex Ink technology to competitors with leading market share as of December 2013 and analysis of published MSDS/SDSs and/or internal evaluation. Performance of specific attributes may vary by competitor and ink technology/formulation. Special ventilation equipment (air filtration) is not required to meet U.S. OSHA requirements. Special ventilation equipment installation is at the discretion of the customer—see the Site Preparation Guide for details. Customers should consult state and local requirements and regulations. HP Latex Inks were tested for Hazardous Air Pollutants, as defined in the Clean Air Act, per U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Method 311 (testing conducted in 2013) and none were detected. Nickel free demonstrated according to testing conducted for HP Latex Inks to achieve UL ECOLOGO® Certification. UL ECOLOGO® Certification to UL 2801 demonstrates that an ink meets a range of stringent criteria related to human health and environmental considerations (ul.com/EL).
(2) Performance may vary depending on media. Additional information is available atwww.hp.com/go/mediasolutionslocator. For best results, use textiles that do not stretch. The ink collector is required for porous textiles.
(3) Scratch-resistance comparison based on testing HP Latex Inks and representative hard-solvent inks. Estimates by HP Image Performance Lab on a range of media.
(4) The HP Designjet Z6800 Production Printer delivers 54 per cent faster printing speeds than the HP Designjet Z6100 Printer (demonstrated by internal HP tests).
(5) Display permanence rating for interior displays/away from direct sunlight by HP Image Permanence Lab, and by Wilhelm Imaging Research, Inc. on a range of HP media. Additional information is available atwww.hp.com/go/supplies/printpermanence.
(6) Embedded in this HP Designjet Printer is an i1 spectrophotometer from X-Rite. Close collaboration between HP and X-Rite helps ensure a reliable solution that’s been thoroughly tested to meet customer demands for ease, quality and dependability.
(7) On 160 x 320cm (63 x 126in) sheets, including a full loading and unloading cycle.
(8) Compared to digital presses of comparable speed and price in the market as of January 2013.
(9) Availability will be country dependent and subject to change.
(10) GOLD Certification to UL 2818 demonstrates that products are certified to GREENGUARD standards for low chemical emissions into indoor air during product usage. More information is available at ul.com/gg and greenguard.org. HP HDR240 Scitex Inks meet AgBB criteria for health-related evaluation of VOC emissions of indoor building products. AgBB compliance evaluation was conducted for 28-day test period at UL Environment Inc. labs. More information is available here. Using GREENGUARD GOLD Certified inks or using inks that meet AgBB criteria does not indicate the end product meets the criteria. GREENGUARD and AgBB compliance were tested on prints made on Scrolljet 904 175 g/m2 paper, printed at POP65, 80 percent UV power, 180 percent ink coverage.
(11) HP FB225 Varnish Scitex Ink in gloss appearance increases the colour gamut by 18.6 per cent. Results based on internal HP testing; April 2013.