FESPA is building on the ‘Dive Deeper’ theme of the Digital 2014 event with the launch of a pre-event social media competition, inviting its community to share inspirational images of the now-iconic FESPA ‘Digital Man’.
Participants are invited to download a Digital Man diving mask from the FESPA website, and to capture photos or video with Digital Man fitting one of three competition criteria: an amazing location, an underwater scene, or demonstrating a print application that goes beyond traditional printing techniques.
The objective is for printers to share images that might educate, inform, entertain, innovate and inspire other print service providers.
Competition images should be uploaded to FESPA’s social media channels on Facebook and Twitter using the hashtag #fespadigitalman. The FESPA community will have the opportunity to identify their favourite images with a Facebook ‘Like’. Fans are asked to judge each image on location, application or activity.
The image with the most ‘Likes’ will win a week’s all-inclusive hotel stay at a five-star hotel in Egypt, renowned for its exceptional diving opportunities, while the runner-up will receive an underwater camera.
Lynda Sutton, FESPA Digital 2014 Marketing Manager comments: “Our ‘print revolutionary’ Digital Man originally appeared at FESPA Digital 2009, and has been a constant feature of FESPA Digital campaigns since then, seen as an urban parkour runner for FESPA Digital 2011 in Hamburg, behind the wheel for a roadtrip to FESPA Digital 2012 in Barcelona, and now in a wetsuit exploring the ocean of opportunity for digital printers.
“The digital wide format community is full of creative, enthusiastic people with ideas and talents to share. Our new social media competition will bring the FESPA community together to celebrate all the colour and excitement of digital print.”
The competition will run until 12th May 2014 and the winner will be announced at FESPA Digital 2014.
For more information, full competition instructions and to download the FESPA Digital Man mask, visitwww.fespadigital.com/digitalman.
Rules and disclaimer
1) FESPA will not restrict the number of pictures – if anything, the more that are uploaded the greater chance you have of winning.
2) FESPA will censor all images and will not condone nudity or inappropriate photos.
3) FESPA reserves the right to remove any photos.
4) When uploading your image, you automatically agree to allow FESPA to use your image for promotion.
5) The deadline for entries to the competition is 12 May 2014. Participants are welcome to continue uploading after this date but will not be included in the competition.
6) Competition prizes will be distributed at the FESPA Digital 2014 exhibition in Munich. If winners are unable to attend the event, their prize will be sent to them after 1 June 2014.
7) FESPA to decide the date for all inclusive stay at 5* hotel and does not include cost of travel.
8) Competition entrants are not permitted to upload photos for which they do not have permission.