By: Abhishek Agarwal-CMO of Design’N’Buy
A lot has evolved in the print business, and the most common term you might be coming across a lot lately might be web-to-print. Although it is not something new in town, many are still not aware of its superpowers about which we are going to discuss here today.
No matter how much digitalization happen around us, prints are forever loved. Unlike the traditional printing techniques which were time-consuming and need huge manpower for management, printing too has become online, quick, easy, and efficient due to excellent tools and software one among which is – Web-to-Print.
Web-to-print is nothing but a service that provides print products via online storefronts. It also goes by the name “remote publishing” or a “print e-commerce solution”. From getting consistent printing jobs done to performing online pre-press reviews/previews, designing things like banners, t-shirt, mobile covers, photo album etc directly on a website using rich user interfaces, web-to-print also offer services such as variable data printing, photo printing, booklets, and marketing campaigns. In short, web-to-print turns out to be a cost-effective solution that comes as a complete package for those looking to achieve a wide range of marketing goals.
Web2print came into action in the late 90s as e-commerce became more common among people and soon it achieved the stardom. People loved the concept of getting their desired prints on products simply by transferring files to the printer via email and the success followed.
Why you need it? How is it going to benefit? These questions are common and must, after all, ultimately it is the benefits everyone interested in. Well, the perks of using web-to-print are many.
- Time, money, and resources savings. What more one wants then? You can save well enough the three precious things – time, money, and resources by making use of the web-to-print solution. It is not at all time-consuming like traditional prints, you neither need heavy machinery nor manpower which means the cost of your print production will be significantly less than owning and maintaining printing hardware.
- You don’t need to waste your time and energy behind creating materials for specific prints. Online print shop software comes with ready-to-use templates for different print projects like business cards, letterhead, brochures, newsletters, catalogs, and more which can be edited easily even by a layman.
- There is no need for a face-to-face meeting with the printer for approvals. Edits, previews, approvals, changes, everything can be done online via web2print software.
- The behind-the-scenes of printing processes like order management, clipart and template management, configuration settings, pricing control etc. can be carried out without any headache by the admin, all online.
- From companies to an individual, web to print software is easily manageable and need no technical support to work. It’s so user-friendly that even novice users can ace it well.
- It is apt for uplifting the overall order experience for customers with its on-demand print ordering feature. All you have to do is edit or create a design, order, and get it without any additional effort or investment.
The next big decision is to decide upon a web-to-print solutions provider who can help you get started. Seeking an experienced player for this can prove to be more beneficial as they know how to get the most out of it.
There is no rocket-science behind the functioning of the web2print software. You can simply implement it to your online storefront and get started with your print orders. You can either allow your customers to play with an editable template or upload their creative design and content as per their choice and reduce the turnaround time during the printing process.
With hassle-free streamlining, navigation, and order management, web-to-print software offers a robust and comprehensive web2print admin panel using which you can gain complete control over product personalization settings, design studio layout, managing orders with print-ready output files, managing products, order message board, notifications and other important aspects of the web-to-print storefront.
Web2print is winning hearts of not just storeowners but customers as well because of the personalization feature that it comes along with as it is what every customer expect today. Since it can open the door to various possibilities and profits, choosing the right web-to-print solution provider matters the most and when a company like Design’N’Buy is here, the decision can be made without giving a thought.
About the Author
Abhishek Agarwal, CMO of Design’N’Buy comes with a huge experience in custom web to print solution & IT. With a mission to deliver the best and innovate new ideas in w2p he and his team always deliver challenging and exciting results. Delivering the best and with utmost perfection has always been his life’s motto.