The COVID-19 pandemic has driven businesses to evolve the way they work. This has led to a focus on reducing costs, eliminating waste and becoming more productive in the ‘new normal’ business world.
In a highly competitive landscape, UAE-based RAK National Printing Press (RAK NPP) understands that the print market has changed significantly. The pandemic situation, a need to upgrade technology and the increased migration from offset printing accelerated RAK NPP decision to make substantial changes, in order to maximise business opportunities.
To underpin this business transformation, RAK NPP recently invested in the world’s first Xerox® Baltoro™ HF Inkjet Press with Color Accelerator, following on from its investment in the Xerox® Iridesse® Digital Press with 6+2 colors in 2020.
Sameer H. Salameh, General Manager at RAK National Printing Press, said: “When we started evaluating our options for an Inkjet Press, it was evident that we wanted to continue to grow our partnership with Xerox Emirates. We were very happy with our investment in the Xerox® Iridesse® Digital Press last year in addition to their after-sales service support which was quick and efficient to ensure maximum productivity. Today, it’s a proud moment for us to have invested in the world’s first high quality Xerox® Baltoro™ sheet fed inkjet press with Xerox® Color Accelerator, which has supported our customer requirements, and future business growth plans.
“We have been using the Xerox® Baltoro™ HF Inkjet Press with the Xerox® Color Accelerator module for four months and have seen great results. We were able to bring out the full potential of the High Fusion Inks, allowing us to expand into high value and high volume jobs, reduce our operating costs and deliver stunning image quality from an incredible array of offset coated media including glosses, silks, satins, mattes and dulls to increase our scope of work across the full weight range of 60-300 gsm and larger sheets. This has allowed us to push new boundaries and add new applications delivering excellent results.”
Simon Howells, Xerox Emirates’ General Manager, said: “We are delighted to be able to extend our relationship with RAK National Printing Press. After the success of the Xerox® Iridesse® Digital Press installation, it was a natural progression for RAK National Printing Press to continue to scale up their technology to support their aggressive growth plans.
“This is a fantastic win for Xerox Emirates, installing the world’s first Xerox® Baltoro™ HF Inkjet Press with Xerox® Color Accelerator. The implementation was a great reflection of the world-class service offered by the Xerox Emirates team, completing the project in record time. We will continue to grow our partnership with RAK National Printing Press, aligned with their vision to be the leading digital printer in the region.”
Haitham Fouad, Xerox Emirates, said: “To meet their objective of being the region’s biggest print hub, the perfect fit for their inkjet requirement was the Xerox® Baltoro™ HF Inkjet Press with Color Accelerator. This is the latest innovation in inkjet technology with remarkable accuracy at high frequency in real-time allowing them to maximise growth, reduce cost and increase revenue. The Baltoro also supports extensible inkjet media without priming as well as an expansive media range which will open the door to new applications. With intelligent automation, Baltoro uses 50 per cent less ink than competitor presses to purge inkjet heads, increasing uptime and productivity while delivering consistent and reliable quality.”
INKONOMICS AMPLIFIED: MASSIVE POSSIBILITIES WITH INNOVATION IN INKJET TECHNOLOGY
The Baltoro™ HF Inkjet Press unlocks game-changing results with a powerful combination of proven heritage design and new technology innovations. The all new Automated Intelligence, High Fusion Print Engine, extensive feeding/ finishing options and easy self-service are just part of a dynamic technology powerhouse that will drive new inkjet applications and opportunities.
- Optimized for High Fusion inks, Xerox-innovated W-Series Print Heads are true high-definition 1200 x 1200 dpi resolution and up to 13.76″/350 mm delivering high performance and remarkable accuracy.
- Delivers signature image quality via a set of Advanced Image Controls that monitor, diagnose and perfect images in real-time using technologies such as Intelli-Purge and Clear Pixel Plus.
- Up to 115% more productive on legal – sized jobs than other presses in its class (based on running legal-sized documents, 2-up simplex on 17″ x 14″ long-edge feed media — a capability unique to Baltoro).
- Up to 300 IPM (built in) turn jobs blazingly fast with a combination of robust, production-proven technology and automated intelligence.
- The Color Accelerator optional module expands media range up to 300 gsm coated cover (glosses, silks, satins, mattes, and dulls) and enables higher gamut and ink coverage allowing for a new universe of applications and opportunities.
- Creates color profiles for select media in minutes using the latest X-Rite Inline Spectrophotometer technology.
- Connects up to four Sheet Feed Modules to the press and liberate true cut-sheet productivity. Add the optional Tecnau SheetFeeder BV for up to five additional hours of continuous productivity.
- Automates the ideal balance of ink coverage, cost and quality with operator-accessible features on the Xerox® FreeFlow® Print Server that make it easier to meet individual client demands.
- Powered by a Full Width Array to make real-time page adjustments with True Dot precision drop placement, Advanced Missing Jet Detection and Compensation, performance-tuned waveforms, Runtime Density Optimization, anti-aliasing and automated Image on Paper (IOP) controls for smartest and sharpest prints.
- The only press in its class that allows operators to select drop sizes and get fine-tuned image quality in custom color for every job with Cost Quality Optimization (CQO). CQO delivers simplified color management while it perfectly controls cost, coverage and quality
Ready to make the switch? It’s time to take inkjet to the next level. With the perfect balance of value, volume and velocity, the Baltoro™ can deliver more impact with less ink, less waste and less effort.
For more information on the Xerox® Baltoro™ HF Inkjet Press or our other cutting edge digital printing presses & solutions, please get in touch with Xerox Emirates at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +9714 4535 600.